Sign up online and print/sign the waiver (last page of the pdf attached)
Do it ASAP because there are only 30 slots- first come first serve!
Contact Sophia if you do, we could possibly carpool depending on the day.
- must be 16+
- 16-17 not permitted to handle power tools
- Start at 6:30 a.m. and conclude at 12 p.m. with no lunch break
- must sign in at the construction site and provide a signed waiver of liability (pdf above)
Parking: All work sites have designated parking areas. Confirm this location with your team leader or Volunteer Manager. There will be signs directing you to the location. Please be respectful of area neighbors and not park on the street or in driveways. We do encourage car-pooling, and van sharing for large groups at locations where parking is limited.
- Drinking water will always be readily available.
- There will be no lunch break.
- No baggy clothes
- No overly tight or sexually suggestive clothing including revealing clothing should be worn on the build site
- shorts must be mid-length or longer
- no sandals
- Steel toe work boots are preferred but sneakers with solid soles are okay
- No jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, ring, etc.) at home
- Purses and wallets should be locked in trunk of vehicle (out of sight, out of mind).
Tools are available in a package from Lowe’s Home Improvement Center, Meyerland. Contact Cliff Foster in Commercial Sales at 713-661-6119 in advance.Tool package will be ready for you at the Commercial Sales Desk.Lowe’s will provide free nail apron, carpenter pencil, hat and koozie.
NOTE: that if you currently own these items or if you can borrow them, you do not need to purchase the package.
James Taylor Key Club
Basically a quick extension of our club newsletter. We update more on the Facebook group.